Steps for Starting a Primary School
Do you wish to start a school on your own? Do you know the criteria to open a primary school? Even if you don’t know, there is nothing to worry. This article will give you an insight into the details required for establishing a school. Some of the pre-requisites for setting up a school are developing a business plan, arranging for funds, determining the infrastructural requirements, determining the costs of incurring promotional & recruitment expenses etc. Apart from these factors, you must also have the knowledge and experience to work in this field.
Here are the steps to start a primary school:
- The very first step to start a primary school is to develop a business plan. This plan will act as the blue print, on the basis of which you will operate your school in the future.
- The next step is to secure funds for your school. To open a primary school anywhere in India, you need to invest approximately Rs. 12-15 lakhs. Therefore, plan your budget according to the expenses you will have to incur at various stages of the process; such as in building the school, making furniture, recruiting the staff, advertisement expenses etc.
- Next, form a Society/Trust with minimum of 3 members. To prove the non-proprietary nature of the Society/Trust get it registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860 or Indian Trust Act, 1882, respectively.
- The next step is to select a location and acquire land for your school. The selected land for opening a primary school should be approximately 1 acre.
- Now, obtain the No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the Department of Education (DoE).
- Once you obtain the NOC, start planning the layout of the school building. For this, you may appoint a contractor or an architect to design your school’s building. Ensure not to overlook the matters of safety, sanitation and safe drinking water as well.
- After the construction work is over, the next step is to gain affiliation from a recognised board of education. CBSE, ICSE and State Boards of Education are the main education boards that grant affiliation to schools across the country. So, you can approach any of these boards to seek affiliation for your school.
- Next, start interviewing the candidates and select qualified and experienced staff for various posts i.e. teachers, support staff, accounts executives, administrative personnel etc.
- Further, promote your school through distributing brochures, putting up hoardings & banners etc. Apart from this you can also design a website highlighting the key features of your school.
So, adhere to these simple steps to start a primary school. In case you do not want to get into the complexities of starting a school on your own, then opt for a SHEMFORD franchise. SHEMFORD Futuristic Schools hold an excellent record of providing quality education with world-class facilities. SHEMFORD’s marketing and technical support team will guide you to establish and promote the school with minimal efforts on your part. So, grab the opportunity and get associated with the well-established chain of schools. To own a SHEMFORD franchise, fill the Franchise Enquiry Form.