The first day of school usually bring hiccups to children as well as their parents. Children are always hesitant to leave their shells and enter a new place, where they find all new and unknown faces. Dealing with cranky behavior and the fear of separation are usually few of the issues that all the parents come across. Parents normally find it very difficult to deal with first school day jitters. So, here are few suggestions to overcome those issues and prepare your child for school:
- Visiting the school in advance, before the term begins can help the child form an association with the school. This way, the child and the parents both will become familiar with the environment of the school.
- Explain your child the benefits of going to a school. Tell him/her that there he/she can make lot of new friends.
- Ask your child the feelings they have about school. This will help you in understanding their mindset and notions.
- Gift your child few goodies and tell him/her that these are gifts for joining the school. This will create a feeling of excitement towards school.
- Be very supportive and give them assurance that you will be around. This will make them feel protected and will reduce the feeling of insecurity.
- It is also equally important not to create separation anxiety by holding on too tight.
- Try to make your child meet a classmate before the first day of school, so that she/he will already have a friend when school starts.
Click Here for :
Information on Shemford Schools, an upcoming chain of 10+2 Schools
Delhi Public School Hostel admissions
- While back from school, take your child for a small treat, so as to celebrate the first day of school. This will make him/her feel that going to school is an achievement.